1 in 10 children is experiencing mental health problems right now.
Point 1 offers professional support for infants, children and young people experiencing the early signs of mental health and emotional problems. This service is available to any child or young person living in Norfolk or Waveney. We work with the MAP and Norfolk & Suffolk Foundation Trust.
Services we offer:
- Talking therapies
- Parenting programmes
- Group work
- Individual interventions
- Information and advice
- Professional consultations
Contact Point 1
If you'd like to find out more about the support Point 1 can offer or to make a referral please visit the service's dedicated website: point-1.org.uk.
The Link Project
The Point 1 Link project provides advice, support and training to staff in universal settings. The service has been designed to ensure that staff feel competent and confident to identify and recognise mild to moderate mental health problems of children and young people aged 0-18. The service operates across Norfolk and Waveney.
The Link project offers:
- Help to universal settings to identify, train and develop 'mental health champions' who will be supported to discuss concerns about children and make educated referrals to targeted and specialist CAMHS teams. These mental health champions will be able deliver the information they have learned to the other staff within their setting.
- A named Link worker and contact details.
- A rolling programme of training events and consultations
- A termly newsletter and update which are area specific.
- Community connections with other professionals.
If you are not yet a Mental Health Champion or an Associate, but would like more information about accessing our training and becoming one, please do get in touch at:
We look forward to hearing from you!
Point 1 Enquiries
T: 0800 977 4077
E: Click here to email