Our Mpower service is designed to support parents whose children have been removed from their care and want to rebuild their lives.
We build supportive relationships, so that parents feel safe to address the issues that led to removal. We are a non-judgemental service. Empathy and understanding are core to how we work, as this form of loss is not widely understood.
We are a trauma-informed service that uses goals to support parents to make the changes they want to.
Our support is available through intensive one-to-one support, plus group work and remote/virtual support. We focus on supporting parents to:
- Set and work towards personal goals.
- Improve sexual and reproductive health.
- Take a pause in pregnancy while support is ongoing.
- Understand and process the reasons for prior removals.
- Address practical difficulties, such as housing or debt.
- Access appropriate support from other services.
Mpower operates across all of Norfolk, Ipswich, Lowestoft, Fenland, and Peterborough.