Take part in our Epic Cycle Challenge!
- 14 September 2024
- £69 registration fee, £600 minimum fundraising
- Norfolk and Suffolk – starting at HMP Highpoint
Two days. 201 miles. Six prisons.
Join Ormiston Families for our first ever Epic Cycle Challenge, a ride to highlight the vast area in which we deliver our invaluable work supporting families impacted by offending.
During this unique two-day cycling challenge on 14th and 15th September 2024, riders will cycle over 200 miles while visiting six of our invaluable prison visitor centres that provide families with a warm welcome and expert support when visiting loved ones.
On day one, we will begin at HMP Highpoint’s visitor centre before heading north around Bury St Edmunds and past Thetford Forest towards HMP Wayland for a lunch stop.
We will then head north-east through the heart of Norfolk before reaching HMP Bure, then into the cathedral city of Norwich towards our final visitor centre of the day at HMP Norwich. After a drinks break, we’ll get back on the bikes for a short 6-mile ride to our accommodation for the night at Dunston Hall Hotel.
On day two, riders will enjoy breakfast at the hotel before cruising through beautiful Norfolk and Suffolk villages for almost 50 miles to HMP Warren Hill. A mile or so down the road will take our riders to HMP Hollesley Bay for lunch.
Our final stretch will be the longest; a 54-mile ride through Woodbridge and around Ipswich to Stowmarket for a refuel, before some stunning country lanes take us back to HMP Highpoint where riders will receive their commemorative medal for completing one of the most demanding cycling challenges in East Anglia.
Riders will need to raise a minimum of £600 in sponsorships to take part, and after doing so and paying the £69 registration fee, their participation will include:
– Full challenge brief and kit list
– Training advice and support updates
– Optional British Cycling qualified ride leaders
– Experienced support crew throughout the ride
– Mechanical, medical and refuel support
– GPX route files
– Lunch each day, snacks and drinks during your ride and ‘on-road’ refuels
– One night’s hotel accommodation at Dunston Hall Hotel (two riders will share a twin room, £50 supplement applies for single occupancy rooms)
– Breakfast at Dunston Hall Hotel
– Luggage transfer with access to your belongings throughout the ride
– Finisher medal
– Selection of memento photos
– Parking at HMP Highpoint
Riders will need to bring their own bikes, helmets, safety equipment, personal belongings and kit. You will need to arrange your own transport to and from the starting point at HMP Highpoint, as well as an evening meal on day one. Any additional expenses incurred at our overnight accommodation will be charged to those who incur them.
Our Epic Cycling Challenge promises to be a rewarding challenge for those looking to test their physical limits while raising money for vital family support services in their local communities.
To learn more about this event, speak to our Senior Events & Community Fundraiser Manager Gavin Lamb by emailing email@example.com.
To secure your place on our Epic Cycle Challenge, book your tickets using the form below!