Ormiston Families is fully committed to respecting your right to access personal information that is held about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
What is a subject access request?
A subject access request is a request you can make to find out what personal information we hold about you
What information can I ask for?
- You are entitled to a copy of all information held about you and to be:
- Told whether any personal data is being processed
- Given a description of the personal data, the reasons it is being processed and whether it will be given to any other organisations or people
- Given a copy of your personal data; and
- Given details of the source of the data (where this is available)
- You are only entitled to your own personal data and not to information relating to other people unless you are acting on behalf of that person. In these circumstances written consent will be required.
How to make a request
The request must be made in writing by post or email
The Privacy Officer
Unit 17, The Drift
We recommend that you complete the SAR request form to ensure we receive all the relevant information and documentation.
Ormiston Families will comply with requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible but will ensure that the information is provided within one month unless the request is particularly complex – but we will always let you know if there is going to be a delay.
Is there a fee?
There is no fee for an SAR. However, we can charge a reasonable fee when a request is unfounded, excessive or particularly repetitive.
For further information on data protection and SAR’s, please visit www.ico.org