YouCanBe is an early intervention service for vulnerable women aged 15+ who, due to complex circumstances, are struggling to create bright futures for themselves.
The risk factors that mean a young woman might benefit from YouCanBe include:
- Unhealthy relationships
- Risky sexual behaviour
- An experience of being in care at any point and for any length of time
- Drug or alcohol misuse
- Poor mental health
- Being affected by domestic abuse
- Mild learning difficulties
Whatever a young woman’s story, YouCanBe supports them to build self-esteem and resilience, which reduces the risks associated with their complex circumstances. Depending in each young woman’s needs, our Practitioners can offer:
- One-to-one, non-time limited support
- Support to improve sexual and reproductive health, including contraception and STI screening
- Relationship and sex education, including work around consent, signs of abuse, online safety, and the difference between healthy/unhealthy relationships
- Support to increase self-esteem and self-worth, including work around wellbeing, mindfulness, and emotional articulacy
- Signposting to other services who can help with issues such as debt, housing, or mental health
YouCanBe is available in Ipswich, Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth and Norwich.