Ormiston Families is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families by protecting them from significant abuse, harm and radicalisation.
Children, young people and families accessing Ormiston Families services should be aware that if there is a child protection issue where they (or others) are likely to be at risk of significant harm, employees are under a legal duty to follow safeguarding procedures and cannot offer confidentiality.
You can download Ormiston Families’ safeguarding children, young people and families policy by clicking here.
If you are a member of the public who is worried about the welfare of a child, please contact your local Safeguarding Children Board:
- Bedford Safeguarding Children Board: 01234 718700 (office hours) or 0300 300 8123
- Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Social Care: 0345 045 5203 or 01733 234724
- Central Bedfordshire Access and Referral Hub on 0300 300 8585 or 0300 300 8123
- Essex Safeguarding Children Board: 0345 603 7627Herfordshire Safeguarding Children Board: 0300 123 4043
- Luton Safeguarding Children Board: 01582 547653 or 0300 3008123
- Norfolk Safeguarding Children Board: 0344 800 8020
- NorthhamptionshireSafeguardingChildrenBoard: 0300 126 1000 or 01604 626938
- Southend Local Safeguarding Children Board: 01702 215007 or 0845 606 1212
- Suffolk Customer First: 0808 800 4005
- Suffolk Safeguarding Children Board: 03456 066 167
- Thurrock Safeguarding Children Board: 01375 652802 or 01375 372468
- Police: 999
If you are an Ormiston Families' member of staff wanting guidance on making a referral, please refer to our safeguarding policy and call a member of the Senior Leadership Team on 01473 724517.
Open: Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm, or consult with the Management Support Rota Monday – Sunday 8am-10pm
Ormiston Families believes that information sharing is essential to enable early intervention. Such interventions help children, young people and families who need additional services to achieve positive outcomes and reduce inequality.
Information sharing is also vital to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families through the accurate recording, sharing and understanding of information and taking appropriate action in relation to known or suspected abuse.
All Ormiston Families’ staff who provide a service to children, young people and their families have a duty to record information about meetings, telephone calls, interviews and correspondence received.
Ormiston Families will keep this information securely and confidentially.
The law says that everyone who is given a service should be able to see a written record of decisions which are taken concerning them and why those decisions have been taken.
Service users have a right to see their files, subject to other people’s rights to keep their information private. This right to see information is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR).
If you are a service user and would like to make a Subject Access Request, please write to the Operations Director with the following information:
- your full name, address and contact telephone number;
- any information used by Ormiston Families to identify or distinguish you from others of the same name;
- details of the specific information you require and any relevant dates, for example:
- your personal file;
- emails between ‘A’ and ‘B’ (between 1/6/11 and 1/9/11);
- copies of case notes (between 2006 & 2009) held by your office in (insert address).
If you would like to find out more about how to request your personal information, please left-click here.
- You can download Ormiston Families’ Data Protection policy by clicking here.
- You can download Ormiston Families’ Information Sharing policy by clicking here.
Ormiston Families believes that service users are entitled to expect courtesy and prompt, careful attention to their individual needs and wishes.
If you are a member of the public and would like to comment, complain or compliment any aspect of our services, you can download our complaints, compliments and comments policy by clicking here.
All complaints will be treated confidentially. They will only be shared with other agencies if we are concerned that there is a potential risk of harm to others.
Please send your comments, complaints or compliments to:
Operations Director, Ormiston Families, Unit 17, The Drift, Nacton Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP3 9QR