The Ormiston Families team is based at HMP Highpoint North and South. We provide support, information and a personal welcome for first-time visitors to help them access the services available to them.
Booking a Visit
- Monday: 14:00 - 16:00 (South Only)
- Friday: 14:30 - 16:30
- Saturday: 14:00-16:00
- Sunday: 09:00 - 11:00 (South Only) and 14:00 - 16:00
Connecting Communities can assist with travel to HMP Highpoint, collecting you from Newmarket Train Station.
The service operates Monday to Saturday but must be pre booked. Please call for further information, Booking line open Monday to Friday 08:00 until 16:00 - Call 01638 664304.
There is wheelchair access to the centre and the prison, and there are lockers and refreshments available in the Visitors Centre.
- All day family visits - Once a month on a Wednesday there are all day visits. A list of the current dates is available in the visitors centre. These visits are booked by the prisoners.
- Children’s visits - once a month on a Tuesday for each site but always held in the South visits hall.
- Stories onto DVD which are recorded on the North site and sent out for your children to enjoy at home.
- Family liaison – information, guidance and support on a wide range of matters affecting prisoners’ families offered to prisoners on their wing.
- Ormiston Families staff a fully equipped play area on the South site which is open for every visit for your children to play.
T: 01473 724517
E: Click here to email