The Fenland Young Parents Housing Project has been in operation for 13 years providing supported short term accommodation for 16 to 25-year-old mothers or mothers to be, facing a range of complex social issues. Ormiston Families has provided the support element of the project since its formation and have offered support to approximately 64 young mothers.
The Fenland Young Parents Housing Project consists of 4 self-contained flats in a Fenland town. Ormiston Families provide weekly one to one support from a Support Worker and the aim is for the young adults to move on to independent living.
Ormiston Families work in close partnership with Sanctuary Supported Living (Owners of the properties), Fenland District Council, Housing Options Team (Referrers) and Centra (Cambridgeshire Floating Support Service).
The type of support provided includes:
- Providing help in meeting the terms of the tenancy.
- Teaching of life skills.
- Assistance with budgeting and paying utility bills.
- Help and guidance in setting up and looking after the home and baby.
- Assistance in developing a support network.
- Building confidence and social skills which will enable the young parent to work effectively with agencies or individuals which affect their quality of life.
- Assistance in completing forms and claiming benefits.
- Mental health.
- Access to education and training through linking with appropriate agencies.
- Help with resettlement.
- Anti – social behaviour.
- Independence skills.
T: 01473 724517
E: Click here to email