- £33,706 per annum
- Norfolk & Waveney
- Closing date for all applications:
- 8am Friday 8th December 2023
The post advertised is Full-time (37.5 hours) and part-time hours will be considered. Hybrid working welcome; remote and face to face interventions are a feature of our service delivery.
The salary for this post, dependant on experience and qualifications, is £33,706 per annum, based on 37.5 hours per week.
Your base will be Norfolk & Waveney (based at our Norwich Hub, will require travel to other locations).
Ormiston Families’ Supporting Smiles Children and Young People’s Mental Health Service is excited to invite applications from therapists, looking to further their therapeutic career. We offer great benefits and hybrid working.
Our mental health service offers 1:1 therapy and programmes supporting children and young people with therapeutic interventions for social, emotional and behavioural difficulties (group work, workshops, parent-led/family support) to children and young people aged between 5 & 13.
We are listening to children, young people and families and as a result are looking to grow and diversify our service. As a result, we are looking to recruit a wide range of specialist therapeutic practitioners to provide the range of support these children and young people need.
- Assess each referred child and young person as appropriate and liaise with the wider service regarding their needs.
- Carry out SDQ / CORE testing or other outcome and feedback measures at the appropriate points of the intervention as advised by the service.
- Provide the appropriate number of therapeutic sessions based on the service provision and young person’s needs.
- Appropriately identify and transition referrals between relevant programmes/other services as necessary.
- Pro-actively encourage service user involvement and feedback to monitor the quality and impact of our interventions and inform ongoing service improvements.
- Complete paperwork as required to show progress made and impact of provision.
- Promote other Ormiston Families services where appropriate.
- Maintain levels of confidentiality within the limitations of the Safeguarding Policy.
- Report safeguarding concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead in line with Ormiston Families’ safeguarding policies.
The successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- Previous experience of working therapeutically with children.
- Hold a therapeutic/practitioner in mental health qualification and registration/accreditation from a professional and accrediting body.
- Have a minimum of one of/combination of the following: Play therapist – Diploma in Therapeutic Play, Systemic Family practitioner – MA/Postgraduate degree in Drama Therapy DTUK) , TF-CBT qualification, Post-graduate diploma in CBT therapy, Acceptance and Commitment therapist (ACT).
- Be registered with BPS, PTUK, BAPT, BACP, BABCP, BADth, or equivalent having obtained a minimum of 120 hours of clinical experience, and with a clinical supervisor.
- Be able to travel as required for the role (driving license and own car preferred).
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued CPD
For further information please see the job pack below, and to apply please click the apply button below
Closing date for all applications: 8am Friday 8th December 2023
Safeguarding and DBS requirements for your role:
Ormiston Families is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.
We are an equal opportunities employer; we value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Ormiston Families collects and processes personal data relating to its employees to manage the employment relationship.