Volunteers are a fundamental part of the Ormiston Families’ team. We currently have over 200 dedicated volunteers supporting our work across the East of England, helping us to achieve our vision of ‘safe, healthy, happy children’.
We have a variety of volunteering opportunities available, including:
- Admin and research.
- Group and 1:1 support roles.
- Reception and Tea Bar roles at our friendly prison visitor centres.
- With children, for example in crèches and play areas.
- We are also open to volunteers' own ideas.
The support you can provide by volunteering can have a powerful and lasting impact, for our service users, for Ormiston Families, as well as for volunteers themselves. Volunteering can also help break down barriers and bring communities together.
We believe pretty much everyone has the potential to be a great volunteer and we understand that volunteers come to us for all sorts of reasons, so we will always be as flexible as we can in helping you to get involved. We recruit volunteers from all walks of life and particularly look for the following in our volunteers:
- Reliability and a positive attitude
- Respectful of others and able to get on with people
- Aged at least 16 (or 18 to volunteer with our work in prisons)
If you are interested in volunteering with us, we’d love to hear from you – simply fill in our online application form or download here and submit it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch with you very soon.
Alternatively, if you would like any further information you can contact our Volunteering Manager Tori Burr by emailing email@example.com or calling 01493 745253.
We openly welcome applications from all members of the public – without your help, we could never achieve so much for young people and their families.
Current Volunteer Vacancies
To find out more about volunteering opportunities at Ormiston Families click on the links below:
- Tea Bar Supervisor - HMP Bedford Visitors Centre
- Play Staff Assistant - HMP Bedford Visitors Centre
- Administration Support - Point 1, Great Yarmouth
- Positive Pathways Volunteer - Cambridge
- Database Volunteer - Central Office, Ipswich
- Perinatal Volunteer - Small Steps Together project
- Children's Centres Volunteers - March, Chatteris & Whittlesey
If you are interested in any of the above roles simply fill in our online application form or download here and submit it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch with you very soon.
Why Volunteer with Ormiston Families?
“I really enjoy volunteering, it feels good to help families and I have been thanked by them on numerous occasions, is it great to be able to make a little difference to their lives.”
“Volunteering at Ormiston Families has greatly helped me develop skills and experience that contributed to me getting on to my university degree.”
“Ormiston Families’ staff are very encouraging, understanding and helpful. They treat the volunteers very well and make them feel valued.”
”Volunteering has been an absolute pleasure, helping others has proved to be enriching and enlightening thanks to the excellent caring ethos Ormiston Families promote.”
Want to Volunteer? Apply Online>