We acknowledge that there is a tremendous diversity in communication methods, technologies and individual abilities of users within the online community. And we recognise that it is our responsibility to be as inclusive as possible: all visitors to our site are important.
This site has been developed following the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2 (WCAG2), published by an international standards organisation called W3C. We meet all of the elements from Level A and a selection from both Level AA and Level AAA.
The guidelines include:
- Using meaningful ALT text for all images to provide descriptive text
- Using descriptive hyperlink text
- Provide navigational short cuts for users of text only browsers and page readers
- Using an easy-to-see web colour scheme
- Using an easy to read font type, size and colour
Making web sites easy to use goes further than just colour and fonts; we work hard to make sure our content is easy-to-read and easy-to-navigate, taking into consideration customers who use a variety of assisted technologies.
We hope that our efforts have ensured that you can access our services through whichever browser or assistive technology you employ. We are constantly striving to improve our online services and would therefore welcome any comments and suggestions you may have. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org