This innovative early intervention service is funded by Ormiston Trust and Public Health Suffolk to inspire young women, build self-esteem and resilience for a better future.
"I felt listened to, not judged. They never turned their back on me." Service user
Often these women have a complex set of needs and behaviours that make them vulnerable to progressing positively in their lives. This could include being in care or a care leaver, having drug or alcohol misuse problems, mental health issues, or having a learning disability. These issues are also extended to domestic abuse, being NEET or making poor contraceptive and relationship choices.
We offer the following:
- One-to-one intensive long-term support which is bespoke and client led
- Support and advice around and accessing appropriate contraception
- Relationship and sex education - either one-to-one or in a group setting
- Advice on building positive persistent, reliable and boundaried relationships
- Support to build self-esteem and self-awareness which will allow the young women to increase their capacity to think critically and make measured decisions for themselves
- Support to access targeted services such as counselling or mentoring
- Support to address their practical needs such as education, housing or health
For more information on YouCanBe, email YouCanBe@ormistonfamilies.org.uk.
For more information, please contact:-
T: 01473 705049
M: 079666 994675
E: Click here to email