At least 1 in 4 women will return to the family court, having previously lost a child through court order. The chances of having a child removed increase to at least 1 in 3 for women who were teenagers at the birth of their first child.
Mpower helps women who have had at least one child removed and who need support in understanding why. We help by addressing the issues that led to removal, with the aim to reduce the likelihood of it happening again. Often these women do not feel in a position to seek support through other means. We build a trusting, non-judgmental relationship and help women focus on themselves.
Mpower helps women by:
- Providing a tailored support plan
- Improving self-esteem and general well being
- Providing emotional and practical support
- Supporting access to community and therapeutic services
- Encouraging positive choices
Mpower is able to support women to access a range of services, including:
- Sexual health and contraception choices.
- Housing provision support.
- Mental health services.
- Debt and budgeting support.
- Training and education.
- Healthy living activities.
Mpower can also help with life story work and dealing with loss or grief.
Mpower will provide support to women’s partners where appropriate, but the service is unable to help reunite parents with their children.
Mpower operates in Ipswich, Great Yarmouth, North Lowestoft, Kings Lynn and Norwich. If you would like to make a referral, please contact Alison Gillies on the details below:
Mpower Service Manager
07816 544163 or 01473 705036
T: 01473 705036
E: Click here to email